August is National Immunization Awareness Month!
August 8, 2016 15:17 pm CDT
We all need shots (also called vaccinations or immunizations) to help protect us from serious diseases. To help keep our community safe, Medicine Store is proudly participating in National Immunization Awareness Month.
Shots can prevent serious diseases like the flu, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), diphtheria, shingles, and pneumonia. It’s important to know which shots you need and when to get them.
- Everyone age 6 months and older needs to get a flu vaccine every year. Other shots work best when they are given at certain ages. Medicine Store will have the 2016-2017 Flu Vaccines available in September.
- If you have a child age 6 or younger, find out which shots your child needs by talking with their pediatrician.
- Use this chart for adults to see if you are up to date on all of your shots. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/downloads/adult/adult-schedule-easy-read.pdf
- Talk to your doctor or nurse to make sure that everyone in your family gets the shots they need. To learn more, visit Medicine Store.
- All adults age 65 years or older are recommended to get a pneumonia vaccine, or if it has been 10 years or more since your last pneumonia vaccine.
- Medicine Store offers the following vaccinations: shingles, pneumonia, influenza and Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis).
- Medicine Store can bill to Medicare Part B, Missouri Medicaid, and most major prescription drug plans.